Sat, 08 Oct|
HAGITUDE with Sharon Blackie
Reclaiming a woman's power in maturity. A year-long, online programme for women moving into the second half of life, diving deep into the mythic and the profound experience of menopause and elderhood, learning together (with and from each other), creating together, and ultimately, becoming together.
Time & Location
08 Oct 2022, 16:00 BST – 30 Sept 2023, 20:00 BST
About the event
Join renowned writer, of bestselling 'If Women Rose Rooted', amongst others, mythologist and psychologist, Sharon Blackie and a vibrant and diverse tribe of women, to explore the ways in which we can flourish during what is so often portrayed as a time of decline. How can we prepare ourselves for yet another searing transformation, and move into the second half of life with a new sense of vitality, creativity and vision?
This yearlong program offers the opportunity to learn together (with and from each other), to create together, and ultimately, to become together.
- How can we find continued growth, meaning and authenticity in the second half of life?
- How might we work with the stories of the little-known but powerful elder women in myth and folklore – both to inspire us to create new stories of our own, and to reimagine our journey to and through elderhood?
- How can we uncover, and embrace, our own unique, archetypal Inner Hag?
- How do we fully and finally embody the unique gift which each of us brings to this world, at this time?
- How can women elders pass down their deep feminine wisdom for the benefit of the wider Earth community, in these ever-more challenging times?
- How do we become – and help others to become – good elders and good ancestors?
Our old women are the dark heart of the forest, the stone womb of the mountain, immanent in the living land itself. They’re elemental beings: storm-hags, fire-keepers, grandmothers of the sea.
They show us how to live when everything we thought mattered to us has been stripped away; they teach us how to stay rooted in the face of inevitable death. They teach us how to stand firm in the face of all the culture’s bullshit, and laugh.